MS1 - On behalf of the Mt Lebanon High School Hockey Association and Coach Dean Cefalo, we are very pleased to offer the below Pinney numbers a roster spot on the Middle School 1 for the 2023-2024 season.
1, 9, 11, 15, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 33, 35, 36, 39, 40, 45, 46, 48
MS2 - On behalf of the Mt Lebanon High School Hockey Association and Coach Ralph Falbo, we are very pleased to offer the below Pinney numbers a roster spot on Middle School 2 for the 2023-2024 season.
2, 3, 8, 10, 12, 13, 17, 18, 20, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 37, 38, 41, 43, 47, 49
If you choose to accept your position, please do the following:
1. Follow this link to register for the season. https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/375513
2. Review the Middle School Uniform Requirements document which is found below, and attend one of the following uniform fittings in Room A201 of the MLHS Athletic Building:
If you were not placed on a Middle School team, we will hold a spot for you in our Jr Blues Program this winter.
If you have any questions regarding your placement or choose not to accept this placement, please send an email to both David Klasnick (email@example.com) and Jeremy Church (firstname.lastname@example.org).
JV1 - On behalf of the Mt Lebanon High School Hockey Association, we are very pleased to offer the below pinney numbers a roster spot on the JV 1 team for the 2023-2024 season. Please note that players who were selected as Varsity Call-Ups are not on this list but may play JV games at Coach Church’s discretion.
1, 2, 14, 15, 28, 33, 35, 36, 40, 43, 45, 46, 50, 53, 62, 63
JV2 - On behalf of the Mt Lebanon High School Hockey Association, we are very pleased to offer the below Pinney numbers a roster spot on the JV 2 team for the 2023-2024 season.
8, 10, 30, 48, 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 71
If you choose to accept your JV1 or JV2 position, please do the following:
1. Print the MLHSHA Player Commitment Letter below, read it, and sign it. This letter should be signed by both the player and a parent, and the signed copy should be sent to David Klasnick at email@example.com and Jeremy Church at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours.
2. Follow this link to register for the season: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/375513 Please select “JV” when registering.
3. Review the JV1 and JV2 Uniform Requirements document found below - the uniform requirements for the teams are different!.
4. Attend one of the following uniform fittings in Room A201 and 202 of the MLHS Athletic Building (bring your hockey pants and shoulder pads with you):
If you have any questions regarding your placement or choose not to accept this placement, please send an email to both David Klasnick and Jeremy Church.
MLHSHA Director of Coaching
All sessions will be at the Mt. Lebanon Ice Rink. Grade levels refer to player grade for 2023-24 school year.
Tryout registration is open here: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/366778
Friday, May 19, 2023
Saturday, May 20, 2023
Sunday, May 21, 2023
Notes on Tryouts:
1. All players entering grades 9 through 12 who are interested in trying out for the varsity team MUST ATTEND the first varsity tryout.
2. All players entering grades 9 and 10 who plan on attending the first varsity tryout SHOULD NOT ATTEND the first JV tryout.
3. All players entering grades 11 and 12 MUST ATTEND the first varsity tryout.
4. Any players not invited to varsity callbacks who are interested in being part of the MLHSHA program MUST ATTEND all subsequent junior varsity tryouts.
Have questions about tryouts? Please contact MLHSHA Director of Coaching, Dave Klasnick, at email@example.com.
Below is a list of requirements for participation on MLHSHA Varsity, Jr. Varsity, and Middle School teams:
1. Grade/Age Requirements - To be placed on a middle school team, players must be in 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th grade for the 2023-24 school year and be at least a 2011 birth year. To be placed on JV or Varsity teams, players must be in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade for the 2023-24 school year.
2. School/Residency Requirement - To be eligble for a middle school team, players must reside within the Mt. Lebanon School District, but may attend school outside of the Mt. Lebanon School District. To be eligible for JV or Varsity teams, players must reside and attend a school within the Mt. Lebanon School District. Players residing within Mt. Lebanon and attending a cyber charter school are eligible for the JV and Varsity teams.
Items Required Pre-Tryout
1. USAH Registration - All players must register with USA Hockey before registering for tryouts. - https://membership.usahockey.com/register/age (USAH number will be required to register for tryouts, but a hard copy of USAH registration form is not required.)
2. Birth Certificate - Players who have not previously played on a MLHSHA middle school, JV, or Varsity team must bring a hard copy of their birth certificate to the first tryout.
3. Pee Wee Waiver - Players who are birth year 2011 must turn in a completed Pee Wee waiver at the first tryout.
Items Required Before Participation in Post-Tryout On-Ice Activities
1. Physical - Players must turn in a hard copy of Sections 6 and 7 of the PIAA physical form, completed by a medical professional no earlier than June 1, 2023. This form must be turned in before a player will be allowed to participate in post-tryout on-ice activities.
2. Safesport Training - Players who are birth year 2006 or older must complete Safesport training prior to participating in post-tryout on-ice activities - https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
Concussion-Baseline Screening - players are strongly encouraged, but not required, to undergo baseline screening for concussion management - https://www.upmc.com/services/sports-medicine/services/concussion/baseline-testing